Welcome

This site is devoted to the wonderful world of books. Books can teach, entertain, amuse, inspire, frighten, thrill, and surprise. I am a frequent visitor to the local library, where I check out several books at a time to ensure that I am never without a good read. My favorite theme is mystery/crime/suspense, although I do switch it up from time to time and throw in a romance story here and there. Must read authors for me are: Harlan Coben, Stuart Woods, James Patterson, Linwood Barclay, Leslie Langtry, Evan Marshall, Elizabeth Gunn, Lisa Gardner, Maggie Sefton, Joy Fielding, Stephen White, Mark Billingham, Sue Grafton, Melissa Senate, and Barbara Freethy, to name a few! Once I have read a book, I will enter my thoughts, comments, questions, opinions, and I am hoping you will do the same.



Monday, May 10, 2010

"The Wild Zone" by Joy Fielding

I learned of Joy Fielding through a coworker, who recommended “See Jane Run”. I’m never the type to just start reading a book without checking out all of the author’s novels. So, I started out with “Kiss Mommy Goodbye” and worked my way through the list. BTW, “See Jane Run” did live up to its expectations. I have thoroughly enjoyed all of her works to date. This is her 19th story (three other novels are out of print and she does not recommend anyone reading them anyway!). She is a Canadian citizen who lives in Toronto, and Palm Beach, FL. The best of both worlds, as far as I’m concerned.

OK, so I have to admit I didn’t see that ending coming! The Wild Zone was where it all started. Or was it? This book involves a love story, but not between any of the characters you might think. A chance meeting between two girls many years ago at a group home subsequently led to three men’s deaths. Was it worth the carnage for them to be able to be together? They appear to think so. Suzy was in an abusive marriage with a doctor. Kristin was living with her boyfriend, who thought nothing of cheating on her. Suzy pretended(?) to be in love with Kristin’s live-in in order to gain his sympathy and hopefully feel the need to put an end to the “good” doctor’s life. All of the characters had difficult childhoods, but is that an excuse for their actions? The three men they used never found out that Suzy was the love of Kristin’s life. Joy Fielding amazes once again.

Next up is “Forbidden Fruit” By Erica Spindler.

See mew all later!

No comments:

Post a Comment