Welcome

This site is devoted to the wonderful world of books. Books can teach, entertain, amuse, inspire, frighten, thrill, and surprise. I am a frequent visitor to the local library, where I check out several books at a time to ensure that I am never without a good read. My favorite theme is mystery/crime/suspense, although I do switch it up from time to time and throw in a romance story here and there. Must read authors for me are: Harlan Coben, Stuart Woods, James Patterson, Linwood Barclay, Leslie Langtry, Evan Marshall, Elizabeth Gunn, Lisa Gardner, Maggie Sefton, Joy Fielding, Stephen White, Mark Billingham, Sue Grafton, Melissa Senate, and Barbara Freethy, to name a few! Once I have read a book, I will enter my thoughts, comments, questions, opinions, and I am hoping you will do the same.



Thursday, May 6, 2010

"Never Look Away" By Linwood Barclay

I just finished reading “Never Look Away”, by Linwood Barclay. He was born in the US, but moved to Canada when he was a young child. I recently discovered this author and boy am I glad I did. His stories are the kinds that you want to finish in one sitting. This is his 8th work of fiction (he has written several non fiction books, too, which I’ll admit I have not read), and all have been very enjoyable. The first four books all revolved around a central character, while the other books are independent of each other. Filled with intrigue, “Never Look Away” kept me captivated from page one until the very end. The main character’s four year old son goes missing from an amusement park. After a short while he is able to locate him, but then he discovers that his wife has disappeared. By the time all matters have been resolved, he finds out that he never knew his wife at all. Their life together was a lie, a cover for her while she was biding her time, waiting to cash in stolen diamonds and live the high life. She sets up her innocent husband to take the fall for her murder. It is amazing the steps she went to in order to frame the poor guy. In the end, she proves that she is not all evil, as she sacrifices herself for him. Yet another satisfying novel by one of my new favorites. Well done! I eagerly await his next thriller.

Check back in after I read “The Wild Zone” by Joy Fielding.

See mew all later!

No comments:

Post a Comment