Welcome

This site is devoted to the wonderful world of books. Books can teach, entertain, amuse, inspire, frighten, thrill, and surprise. I am a frequent visitor to the local library, where I check out several books at a time to ensure that I am never without a good read. My favorite theme is mystery/crime/suspense, although I do switch it up from time to time and throw in a romance story here and there. Must read authors for me are: Harlan Coben, Stuart Woods, James Patterson, Linwood Barclay, Leslie Langtry, Evan Marshall, Elizabeth Gunn, Lisa Gardner, Maggie Sefton, Joy Fielding, Stephen White, Mark Billingham, Sue Grafton, Melissa Senate, and Barbara Freethy, to name a few! Once I have read a book, I will enter my thoughts, comments, questions, opinions, and I am hoping you will do the same.



Saturday, May 29, 2010

"On Shadow Beach" by Barbara Freethy

I have read several books by Barbara Freethy, including the first and now the second in her Angel’s Bay Series. She worked in the PR field prior to becoming a writer. She wrote a few novels under a pen name. She has written nearly thirty books to date. She lives in California, where she grew up.

“On Shadow Beach” returns us to Angel’s Bay. We are introduced to several new characters, while catching up with some from “Suddenly One Summer”. Lauren goes back home to help her father, who is suffering from Alzheimer’s. She ends up reconnecting with her high school boyfriend, Shane. He was initially a suspect in her sister Abby’s murder. The case is finally solved, when we learn that Abby’s best friend, Lisa, is the killer. Lisa wanted to silence her, as Abby was going to tell that Lisa was having an affair with their married coach. Lauren and Shane decide to give their relationship another go and he decides to share his secret with her-that he is the product of an affair and does not know who his real father is. The saddest, but then happiest, part of the story revolved around Kara and Colin. He had been shot while on duty as a police officer and was in a coma. She gave birth to their daughter, Faith, without him by her side. She went to visit him to let him know that she would not be able to visit him as often as she had been, since her baby would require/demand much of her time, when he woke up.

I look forward to learning more about life in Angel’s Bay and finding out more secrets “In Shelter Cove”.

“I, Alex Cross” will be my next read.

See mew all later!

No comments:

Post a Comment