Welcome

This site is devoted to the wonderful world of books. Books can teach, entertain, amuse, inspire, frighten, thrill, and surprise. I am a frequent visitor to the local library, where I check out several books at a time to ensure that I am never without a good read. My favorite theme is mystery/crime/suspense, although I do switch it up from time to time and throw in a romance story here and there. Must read authors for me are: Harlan Coben, Stuart Woods, James Patterson, Linwood Barclay, Leslie Langtry, Evan Marshall, Elizabeth Gunn, Lisa Gardner, Maggie Sefton, Joy Fielding, Stephen White, Mark Billingham, Sue Grafton, Melissa Senate, and Barbara Freethy, to name a few! Once I have read a book, I will enter my thoughts, comments, questions, opinions, and I am hoping you will do the same.



Friday, May 14, 2010

"Lucid Intervals" By Stuart Woods

Stuart Woods is a prolific writer, having penned over forty novels, all of which I have read (save the two non-fiction books). He is from Georgia, but currently lives in ME, FL, and NYC (not a bad life!). He is an avid sailor and pilot, which you can sense from his themes. He has four main characters, Stone Barrington, Holly Barker, Will Lee, and Ed Eagle. Although each book features one of these characters, their lives often intersect. Ed Eagle looks to be the star of the next book.

Elaine’s, late. I just read “Lucid Intervals” and I have to say, I did find it a bit confusing, although I love the short chapters that seem to be Stuart's trademark. Womanizing Stone Barrington is back (is anyone bothered by the amount of women he is with?!?). I believe he only bedded one woman in this novel (is that a record?), although other offers were out there, and he was making plans with a new one at the end. Some other recurring characters make appearances, such as Dolce Bianchi, Herbie Fisher, Dame Felicity, and of course, his partner in crime (pun intended!), Dino Bacchetti. This story involves violence and intrigue, with several people being stabbed and shot at, and a mystery over who Stanley Whitestone really is. Everything was resolved, people were fired, arrested, and identified. Stone can rest easy knowing that Dolce was captured and will no longer be a threat to him-for the time being, anyway.

“Dark Alley” by Evan Marshall is my next read.

See mew all later!

No comments:

Post a Comment